2015 Submission Categories
Books in any of the following fields are eligible for consideration:
- Cultural Studies and Media Studies
- Modern Jewish History—Americas, Africa, Asia, and Oceania
- Philosophy and Jewish Thought
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, June 24, 2015
Only AJS members in good standing may submit their books for consideration or have their books submitted by a third party (publisher, etc.). Any book published in English from 2012-2015 is eligible for consideration. A book may be submitted up to two times within a three-year cycle. Scholars at all stages of their careers are eligible to apply. A committee of scholars who represent excellence in the year's designated fields will serve as judges. Scholars may submit their book to more than one category, but no book may be awarded the prize in more than one category, whether in the same year or in any subsequent year.
1) Four copies of the book
2) CV (to be uploaded to Interfolio)
3) Application form (to be completed on Interfolio)
1) Submit your CV to Interfolio.
- Click here to submit CV and application form for Cultural Studies and Media Studies
- Click here to submit CV and application form for Modern Jewish History--Americas, Africa, Asia, and Oceania
- Click here to submit CV and application form for Philosophy and Jewish Thought
2) Complete application form on Interfolio.
3) Send the four book copies to the Association for Jewish Studies to arrive no later than Wednesday, June 24, 2015. Please mail to:
Association for Jewish Studies
Attn: Grants and Communications Coordinator
15 W. 16th Street
New York, NY 10011
It is the author’s responsibility to make sure that the books have reached the AJS office and all application materials (form and CV) have been uploaded to Interfolio by June 24, 2015. Only complete submissions (receipt of 4 books and online submission of application form and CV) will be reviewed. AJS does not return books.
If you are a publisher submitting books on behalf of several authors, or you are an author submitting multiple books to the same book category, please contact Amy Weiss at email@example.com for instructions on how to submit your applications to Interfolio. The online application system will only allow you to submit one entry, so the AJS will help you with the remaining applications.
Questions and inquiries
Contact Amy Weiss
Grants and Communications Coordinator
Awards will be announced in late Fall 2015, and will be formally presented at a reception at the 47th Annual Conference, December 13-15, 2015 at the Sheraton Boston in Boston, Massachusetts.