Development Associate (Part-time)
The Association for Jewish Studies, the largest learned society and professional organization representing Jewish Studies scholars worldwide, seeks a part-time Development Associate to coordinate and execute the organization's nascent development activities. This position will focus on both building the infrastructure to support a high-quality development effort and organizing and implementing an annual gift campaign to expand revenue. Reporting directly to the Executive Director and working in collaboration with the staff and board, the Development Associate will also engage in researching and preparing grant proposals and reports, as well as designing outreach materials. In addition, the position will entail administrative work related to communications and development. This position is 18 hours/week, working out of the AJS’s offices in the Union Square section of Manhattan.
Specifically, the Development Associate is responsible for:
- Implementing the infrastructure for AJS’s recently completed development plan.
- Coordinating AJS’s annual gift campaign, and designing and producing fundraising materials.
- Providing logistical support for development committee.
- Conducting research on potential funders.
- Writing grant proposals, reports, and letters to donors.
- Providing statistical reports on development activities.
- Tracking, reporting, and acknowledging donations using database management systems
Seeking a creative, innovative, self-motivated individual who possesses a working knowledge of the development field and a deep understanding of nonprofit culture in general. Familiarity with the higher education and/or Jewish fundraising landscape a plus. Strong belief in the mission of AJS is required, as well as successful grant-writing, fund-development, and strategic communications experience.
- Bachelor degree and minimum of 3 years paid professional development experience with track record of success.
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation, and organization skills.
- Professional demeanor, flexible, and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent Internet, database, and all-around computer skills with social media and design experience helpful.
- Sense of humor and ability to work in a small-team setting a must.
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary. Some vacation time. No other benefits.
Send resume, cover letter and the names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Development Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Applications accepted until position filled.