This registry contains information regarding doctoral research being conducted by Ph.D. candidates in Jewish Studies. Graduate students whose proposals have been approved by their institutions are encouraged to submit information about their projects.
|Click on the author's name below to view
the complete record, including the abstract.
||The Jewish German Roots of the In-Between: Martin Buber and Moses Mendelssohn's philosophy of art, violence, and otherness
- Jewish philosophy.
- Aesthetics, German.
- Buber, Martin, 1878-1965.
- Mendelssohn, Moses, 1729-1786.
||Auschwitz and the Plantation: Labor and Social Death in American Holocaust and Slavery Fiction
- Styron, William
- Levin, Ira
- Reed, Ishmael
- Patterson, Orlando
||'Jew and American in the Making': Approaches to Education and Childrearing in the American Jewish Community, 1945-1967
- Jewish religious education of children -- United States
- Families -- Religious life (Judaism) -- Periodicals
- Jews -- juvenile literature
||Intergenerational Memory and Diasporic Identities: Jewish Argentinean Cultural Production in the Twentieth and Twenty-First Centuries
- Jewish Latin America
- Memory in literature
- Jewish diaspora
||From Here to the Whole World: The Popular Success of the "Ozar Yisrael," America's Hebrew Encyclopedia
- Jews --Encyclopedias.
- Jews --United States --History.
- Communication in learning and scholarship --United States --History.
- Jews --History --1789-1945.
||Manifest Jews: Mobility and the Making of American Judaism, 1820-1877
- American Religion
||'Worship of the Heart' in the Kabbalah of the Sixteenth Century
||Between Destruction and Community:
Crises of Leadership in Life and Literature After 70 C.E.
- Bible. O.T. Apocrypha. Esdras, 2nd.
- Apocalypse of Baruch (Syriac)
||A beach of their own: the origins of gender segregation in the Israeli public sphere
- Orthodox Judaism