I. Gala Banquet and Plenary Lecture
Sponsorship of our Annual Gala Banquet and Plenary Lecture is an ideal way to support the AJS and the field of Jewish Studies. Several hundred attendees purchase tickets for this event, which is a highlight of the conference. The evening fosters a real sense of community amongst the attendees and provides an environment for spontaneous discussion and networking. Sponsorships range from $1000 to $5000 and come with outstanding benefits as Silver, Gold or Platinum sponsors of the conference. Since 2005, Jewish Studies programs and cultural institutions have contributed on average more than $20,000 annually to support the Gala Banquet and Plenary Lecture, allowing the AJS to reduce banquet ticket prices by half. For a list of the 2011 and 2012 Banquet sponsors, click here.
This year's Annual Gala Banquet and Plenary Lecture will be held Sunday evening, December 15th.
Sponsorship, which will be prominently acknowledged, is also an outstanding way of showcasing your Jewish Studies program and institution to an international audience. As an expression of gratitude to sponsors, the AJS will:
- Showcase Gala Banquet and Plenary sponsors by providing each with a gratis advertisement in a special section of the Conference Program Book.
- List sponsors prominently in the Fall 2013 issue of AJS Perspectives, ensuring international exposure among the AJS's 1800 individual members and fifty-six institutional members.
- Provide two complimentary Gala Banquet ticket to institutions giving at the $1000 level; three complimentary tickets at the $3000 level; and five complimentary tickets at the $5000 level.
- Feature sponsoring institutions names and logos on the AJS homepage, including a hyperlink to sponsor websites.
- Feature sponsor names on signage at the annual conference and on the Banquet tables.
- Further benefits for Platinum and Gold sponsors at the $5000 and $3000 levels. For full range of benefits please see our sponsorship prospectus here.
To read a letter from the AJS President and Vice-President for Program, with complete details of this year's Gala Banquet and Plenary Lecture, click here. For a FAQ sheet, please click here.
If your program or department is interested in being a sponsor, please complete our sponsorship form and return it to Natasha Perlis by Friday, September 16, 2013. Natasha can be reached at 917.606.8249 or email@example.com if you have any questions regarding the sponsorship program.
top of page >>
II. Conference Sponsorships
The Association for Jewish Studies is pleased to offer a new range of conference sponsorship opportunities for Jewish Studies programs and departments; archives and research institutes; and academic presses. Sponsorship is an excellent way to enhance your organization's presence at the meeting and increase its visibility among and reach to this key Jewish Studies audience. We are offering a wide variety of sponsorships - including receptions, coffee breaks, an internet café, and other items. Download our complete Sponsorship Prospectus.
top of page >>
III. Reception Sponsorships
There are a number of opportunities to sponsor receptions at the annual meeting – to promote your grant or fellowship, Jewish Studies program, or Research Institution. Please see our Sponsorship Prospectus for details of Coffee Break sponsorship and our Graduate Student Happy Hour. Please contact Natasha Perlisr at firstname.lastname@example.org with any other ideas for receptions you would like to host or sponsor.
top of page >>